Springside appreciates all its volunteers and couldn’t do it with them! Your time and talents are welcome in so many ways. From hands-on site work to helping with marketing to creating video or audio tours or earning community service credits, your skills and energy are welcome and needed. Volunteers have the opportunity to learn about Matthew Vassar’s Springside, and Andrew Jackson Downing, his times, and his design theories.
On Site, Hands On
- Help maintain the site at regular Springside work days
- Adopt-A-Knoll and aid in restoring it to Downing-inspired form
- Adopt-A-Trail or a portion of one to care for with your organization or a group of friends
- Provide services -- tree maintenance, landscaping services, removing invasives, hauling, masonry
- Donate equipment when it’s time to upgrade—weed whacker, mower, wood chipper, brush-hogger, pruners, loppers, etc.
Community Service Credits
Students can earn community service credits. Opportunities range from helping on site with restoration work, assisting with the May Plant Sale, basic research, data entry, and more. Contact us
about the opportunities.
Education and Programming
- Create an audio or video tour
- Build school curriculum around Springside, Vassar, or Downing
- Produce an oral history project
- Write e-letter articles
Marketing and Fundraising
Do you have experience in marketing, communications, grant writing, or fundraising? We could use your help! Please contact us.